Aquatic therapy is the practice of exercising in water. First, the natural buoyance of the water helps you balance. Second, water allows you to do therapeutic exercises and reduces your risk from falling. So, we believe aquatic therapy helps to ease the pressure of weight bearing. Namely, it allows you to participate in therapy without the stress on the painful joints.
Aquatic Therapy can help:
- Low back pain
- Pain from sports injuries or repetitive activities
- Neurological and orthopedic injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Muscle weakness
- Debilitation secondary to chronic or acute conditions
Our Therapy Pool
We offer a Stay Fit aquatic therapy pool program. For patients who complete an aquatic program, they are eligible to use the pool for a monthly fee.
Benefits of Water Therapy
- Helps balance and posture by increasing body awareness
- Reduces pain and improves physical activity
- Improves range of motion and flexibility
- Provides resistance to strengthen muscles
- Warm water promotes relaxation
- Reduced gravity in the pool allows you to begin gait training and strengthening exercises without further damage to healing tissue.